Beware of SPAM from UPS, DHL and other courier services

The spammers have got a new technique for deceiving you, now they are using famous courier services like UPS and DHL to deceive the people, I suffered from that spam so I am warning you all. Let me tell you what kind of spam it is:
About a month ago I received an E-mail with the subject "

United Parcel Service notification #15465005

The message in the E-mail says, 


Dear customer. 
The parcel was sent your home address. And it will arrive within 3 business day. 
More information and the tracking number are attached in document below. 
Thank you. © 1994-2011 United Parcel Service of America, Inc.
there is a virus in a file attached to it, as I downloaded it the virus got activated and wouldn't let me run any program unless I purchase some antivirus, and I had to format my system to get rid of this virus. The interesting thing about this spam email is that it is coming from this email address info73bfigu@ups.com
so for a person like me it seems to be a genuine email form UPS, but in reality it is not so. 
And after few days I received a similar E-mail from DHL, and now I receive this kind of email every single day and I delete it immediately without giving a second thought.

SO IF YOU RECEIVE AN E-MAIL LIKE THIS THEN DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY... OR IF YOU CAN REPORT TO UPS OR DHL... 
 

Comments

Popular Posts